Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Flea Markets

On your drive from the interstate into Gatlinburg you pass two flea markets. We were really stoked about getting to go to both of these and were looking forward to Friday. But let me tell you, it was the most disappointing flea market experience I ever had!




the buildings were half empty!

really cool computer booth.

LOTS of furbys.


comics are cool i guess. travis bought one called "suicide squad"

i feel like these pictures make it look better than it was. what you don't see: sick puppy mill puppies, expired food, close out piles of broken crap, perfume, cheap cheap cheap clothes, NOTHING i was interested in at all. i think we found two booths with vintage and there wasn't anything good. so sad.



my review.

ahhhh, much better. even if they don't allow pictures inside.

we ate dinner at a touristy place called the mill. they give you tons of food but nothing is really spectacular. except maybe the banana pudding. next time we're in the area i'm going to do more restaurant research so we can find some actually good food.

look at all that salty food!carrots, backed apples, creamed corn, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, fried okra, catfish, rolls, and we also had soup AND salad. geeeeeze.

after dinner we went in this cat store and i almost cried when i petted one of their resident cats. because i missed having a little furry friend in my lap. (I currently have one pug in my lap and one next to me and i couldn't be happier)
The moral of this story, don't go to the flea markets around gatlinburg! they are awful! unless you want to buy 5 bras for 20 dollars. or a boxer puppy with worms. then you are in luck.

1 comment:

  1. haha that is exactly how the flea markets around here are. every once in awhile you will find something good, so my mom makes me go with her sometimes. and every time i do, i think to myself, "why can't this be like the flea markets rae goes to?" lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...