Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lynn's Paradise Cafe!

Last weekend Travis and I headed up to Louisville, Kentucky to celebrate his brother's 30th birthday. We left early so we could eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Lynn's Paradise Cafe! 
The fog was crazy! It was so gloomy and sad the whole way up there. Thankfully there weren't many cars on the road. We listened to an audiobook (which I recommend) the whole way. That makes the trip go so fast!

Lynn's! It was packed so we had a little wait. But I didn't mind because there is a bunch of stuff to look at, and they have a fun little shop. There was a little notebook that looked like an order pad that you can write about restaurants you go to! I wanted it! But travis said I could just use a regular notebook. Party pooper. 
I can't resist these kinds of things! I wish I knew their technical name. I think the pancake is my favorite. I need to make a scrapbook full of just pictures of us with our heads in things.

They have these fun games at the tables. There are all kinds of little plastic things in those beads for you to find. We never could find the bathing suit. 
I got a veggie plate. Garlic mashed potatoes, herb braised lima beans (!!!!), baked apples, and macaroni and cheese casserole. That might have been my favorite. It was so so delicious! Travis had to help me finish my plate, I could barely eat half of it.
Travis got the BLT home fries. Without the bacon of course. So it is homefries sauteed with onions, tomatoes and spinach. Then covered in cheese and a fried egg. YUM.
Oh man, look at that! So perfect.

According to Travis' brother Lynn's isn't cool anymore, but I LOVE it. The dining room is full of kitsch, the food is good, there are things to pose with...my kind of place.

7 comments:

  1. Ah! I've always wanted to go there! And my God, we need a concrete Elvis bear STAT. I love how Travis' brother clued you in that it's not "cool" anymore. Oh well, maybe the lines will be shorter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you go, you have to go to this antique store: http://www.joeley.com/
      it is so awesome! more for just looking at all the incredible stuff than buying stuff. in their barn they have a whole section of colored vintage tile and bathroom stuff! so amazing!

      Delete
  2. My favourite thing about this is the implication of the photo prop that pancake is a fruit.

    I'm going to remember this the next time I am tempted to pass on pancakes because they are not healthy. They're a fruit. Of course they're healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL,Lynn's is still packed every weekend despite it's loss of coolness!

    I love all the vintage planters they have on the tables for sugar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it was packed when we were there! he wouldn't even let us go last time. apparently hammerheads is cool now. have you been there? their truffle fries are so amazing!!

      Delete
  5. that looks like the best place, evah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...