Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I am 28!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, and almost stayed home but my best friend called me up and we went out to breakfast! It was fun. Here is a silly picture she took of me, and that cute golden retriever puppy!
 We went to Fido in Hillsboro village. I had pancakes, and a soy chai latte! It was awesome.
Crystal and I have been best friends for a long time. I'm so happy she was off on my birthday so we could hang out all day.
 After breakfast we went to my appointment at Flash City! My artist, Jason St. Clair was super sweet and came in to the shop early so I could get tattooed on my birthday.
We finished up my half sleeve with some clouds and lightening. He had hoped to start on my Audrey 2 piece, but we ran out of time! Oh well, I'll be back soon to work on it. It is nice to be done with that arm! I've been working on it for two years!
 By the time my appointment was done Travis was off work and we met up and went to the Nashville Zoo! His parents gift me a membership every year, I love it! It's really close to my house (like within 2 miles) and I really should go more!
 Sometimes I can hear these monkeys calling from my backyard!
 Zoo juice!
We have lots of pictures of us with these meerkats over the years. I need to put them all in one place sometime and see how much we've changed. Travis and I actually went on our first date to the Nashville zoo! And Crystal came! Ha!
 Can you believe there are so many pictures of me in this post? That never happens! And can you believe how bad I need a haircut!
 Cute green lizard.
 Sea horses are so weird. They seem like they are a mistake, the way the flop around!
 The tapirs were so cute! Look at that silly nose!
 My two bffs.
 The flamingos were so pretty.
Even when they were fighting.
After the zoo we drove south and grilled out at my parent's house. It was low key, but a really great birthday. 

32 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! 28, sniff, you're a young'un...Happy Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sometimes the low-key birthdays are the best! I never think to go to the zoo, but it sure can be a lot of fun. I love those flamingos and the seahorses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Great to see so many pix of you. You're looking healthy and happy. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I love that picture of you hugging the meerkats. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday and wow you sure are a young in'
    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (late) Birthday!! Looks like you had a fantastic day, how cute are all the meercat pictures?! Crystal has such awesome hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Big parties are so overrated. Your birthday celebrations sound much more fun. I love reading your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I love the idea of visiting the zoo with your besties to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day to me! Glad you enjoyed your Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday!!! Your arm looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! My niece will also be 28 this year and my son just turned 25 on April 21st. He was so happy that for once it wasn't raining! I remember having parties for him and being stuck with a whole bunch of kids in the house because it would rain every year. Looks like y'all had a good time. Crystal's hair looks awesome btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it seems like everytime i plan something big on my birthday it rains! dumb old april! ha!

      Delete
  12. :) !!!! looks like a great day. And by the way, you are lookin amazing, with yo skinny arms ;)
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated 28th (you are still a young thing!) Looks like you celebrated and had a great day! Love the color on those flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated 28th (you are still a young thing!) Looks like you celebrated and had a great day! Love the color on those flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looked like the perfect birthday! And I love that Crystal went on your first date with Travis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was also present when he proposed, and when we bought our house! haha!

      Delete
  16. Happy belated birthday! :D I remember going to the Nashville Zoo when I was younger! My favorite exhibit was the Snow Tiger. I was always mesmerized by the fact that the tiger wasn't orange and how beautiful it was. I'm also jealous by how close you live! Our zoo is about an hour away, womp womp.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday RAE! I love that you all basically reinacted your first date- complete with crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, crystal took a picture of us mimicking one she took that first date,but i couldn't find the original to post with it!

      Delete
  18. Happy birthday!!!!! Looks like you had a rad day. I laughed so hard at the pictures of you guys at the zoo. Dorks. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love the fighting flamingos and the picture of you hugging a brood of photo meerkats. I NEED TO GO TO THE ZOO. What's keeping me! So many cool creatures to see!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, lady! It looks like you had a swell day.

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! Happy Birthday, Rae! I hope that 28 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your striped dress is so cute! it sounds like you had such a great day— happy happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Sorry I missed the actual day!

    I wish I could travel cross country and go visit all the zoos. How does one get a job doing that I wonder??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...