Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Getting Ready!

I looked all around for vintage Thanksgiving stuff in my collections, but all I could find were these turkey salt and pepper shakers! I know I have a honeycomb turkey or two but they must be tucked away. These turkeys will have to do! I'm doing all our cooking today since I work tomorrow then we're driving to Birmingham bright and early on Thursday morning.
The holidays are a little hectic for us, because we usually have to bring an entire meal for ourselves, plus some stuff to share. Which is fine, I just have to plan! We're going to three meals this year so I've got a lot of prep to do! Here are a few things I'm going to try this year!
 I went with a Field Roast Hazelnut Cranberry Roast en Croute this year. And now I realize I pulled the wrong photo from the site! But check it out here. It is SO GOOD! Pretty much the same as the celebration roast, with cranberry in the middle and wrapped in a puff pastry! Fellow vegans or friends serving vegetarians, this is a GOOD roast to get! It is a little expensive, but it is big and very delicious.
Lightened Up Corn Casserole: I wasn't really looking for a "healthy" vegan corn casserole, but this one sounds really good, so I'm going to give it a try!
Voluptuous Pumpkin Pie: The Post Punk Kitchen is my go to vegan blog for recipes. Every single thing I've tried has turned out AMAZING. So when her pumpkin pie came up in my search it was a no brainer. I'm going to make the crust from "The Joy of Vegan Baking" because I've made it before and it's really delicious. We'll see if this pie makes it uncut to Thanksgiving. It might have to be taken to the celebration we're going to on Wednesday night.
The Best Sugar Cookies: I have made these a BUNCH of times and they are SO GOOD! I was a sugar cookie fiend before going vegan, and I actually like these BETTER than my old standby Martha Stewart recipe. I think it is the coconut oil in them, and how light they are. I'm going to make them pumpkin shaped I guess, with some orange icing! Yum! I'll be making them a BUNCH of times before Christmas!
Stuffed Thanksgiving Burgers: If we were staying home for the holiday I would probably be making these. We tried them last week and they are AMAZING. They are even good just as a patty with some sides. Another recipe I'll probably make a few more times before Christmas!

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow if you celebrate! I know it can be a stressful day! We usually stay in town, but my cousin had a baby just a few weeks ago so we're trekking to Alabama to bring Thanksgiving to them!

9 comments:

  1. I'm making the same pumpkin pie. I love PPK. I have the Pie in the Sky book too which I'm consulting before I commit to vegan pie baking :)

    I didn't like the field roast though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks delicious! I am going to try that sugar cookie recipe myself.
    I have been a little missing in action lately but Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks tasty Ive never liked turkey so this year Im making a stuffed pumpkin instead
    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of these look good! Especially that corn casserole. You should make that for friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god those stuffed thanksgiving burgers LOOK SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so good! I'm not much for Thanksgiving food but all of these alternatives might have me rethinking my position. I do all the cooking for Thanksgiving; do you think my family will notice?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sugar cookies and pumpkin pie look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...