Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Weekend at Lake Cumberland

A few weekends ago we met up with Travis' family at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, We had never been there, or even heard of it actually. We rented a pontoon boat and cruised around the lake for a few hours. It was wonderful!
I was off the boat and in the water every second I was able. When I was a kid my grandparents had a pontoon boat and I loved swimming in the lake every summer. And tubing behind the boat!
Travis pointing the way.
This summer my number one accessory is my super noodle. Closely followed by my sun hat. Yas!
Travis' brother moved the boat while were in the water so we had to swim to it. Look how far it was! Haha, it was fun though. The water was so clean and warm! I want to go back.
Travis doing his amazing barnacle impression.
We were only out about three hours before the baby got cranky, but it was so fun! I hope we'll be able to do it at least one more time before it gets too cold. We rented the boat from here if you are in the area. It was really reasonable! 25 bucks an hour or $129 for the whole day. Which if you haven't priced pontoon rentals before, is a great deal!
Look at how cute the cabin was? Sadly we booked to late to get a three bedroom so Travis and I were in a separate lodge. We already booked the same weekend for next year so we'll all be together. It was a nice little weekend getaway.
And here is a photo of the pugs on their way to their home for the weekend. They stay with my aunt Mary Jane who has three old dachshunds and they love it! Look at Priscilla's face!

5 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! My sister lives near a river; when I visit her I have vowed to go tubing. I was hoping to hear the backstory of your dismissal from the swimming hole!!! Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't been tubing in years! we're hoping to go next week in asheville.

      Delete
  2. dude, by the looks of it... you are having a great summer! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like tons of fun

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...