Saturday, July 4, 2015

Nashville Pride 2015!

Travis and I went downtown to check out the Pride festivities last weekend.We had planned on walking in the Equality March but were a little late. The mood was amazing since the Supreme Court had made their ruling just days before. There was a huge turnout for Pride!
We saw these cuties, Hank and Cupcakes. I loved their stage set. We watched some shows at the drag stage, spun a few prize wheels, kissed bunnies at the Clover Patch Sanctuary tent (they were giving out "I love buns" bracelets!)
Miss Jaidynn Dior Fierce was the MC. Any RuPaul's Drag Race fans out there? She was on this season. I was so excited to see a hometown queen! I don't know why she chose to wear that terrible leather and lace outfit after it was bashed on the main stage on Drag Race. But she performed my favorite RuPaul song "Sissy That Walk" so I can forgive the outfit, haha.
We played pin the mustache on John Waters and put our names in for free tickets to his holiday show. I hope we win! We went last year and had a blast but it is a little too expensive for us to justify going again.
I had heard rumors that the Grilled Cheeserie food truck had vegan options and finally got to try it out. Grilled rice cheese with avocado! It was so so good! Travis got grilled mushrooms and caramelized onions on his.
There were tons of animal adoption groups there! I loved petting all the puppies! Travis got a Nashville Grizzlies rugby shirt and lamented that he has too weird of a work schedule to be able to play on the team.
We had a really great time and I'm so happy the national government took a huge step forward in recognizing basic human rights. There is still a lot to be done, but you have to start somewhere. I really thought it would be YEARS before gay marriage would be legal in my state.
We missed this moment of the day but I lived seeing the photos pop up on facebook. Here are the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence blocking the tiny group of protesters from the event. Happy pride and here's to more advances in the year to come!

3 comments:

  1. Ah looks like so much fun. I missed our Pride this time around but one year I will go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the pride parade in Chicago around the same time. I was really surprised by all the big corporate sponsorship, looks like gay has gone mainstream. The Chicago parade literally lasts like 10 hours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...