Friday, August 14, 2015

Tubing down the French Broad

Tubing was on my 'must do' list for Asheville. We went with Zen Tubing, and picked the southern location. Sadly it turned out the be the coldest/rainiest day during our trip. But it was still really fun! I want to go back and do it again next summer.
We rented a cooler tube of course.
My friend Marrion came with us too!
When we were paying there was a HUGE group of kids getting ready to go. Oh no! We put in right before them, but they really spread out so thankfully we weren't stuck in the middle of their group the whole time.
I loooooooved it. The water was really low so the trip took about four hours. Which was perfect.
It is hard to tell in photos but it rained for probably 30 minutes in the middle of our trip. Which kind of sucked. But if you are already on the water I guess it isn't so bad.
After a while we pulled up to some rock islands and ate our packed lunch.
Since the water was low you would be waist deep, then two steps later be ankle deep. Travis liked pushing us along and it was funny to see him suddenly towering above us. Next time I do it I hope the water is high. It would have been great to swim every once in a while.
Ahhhh, this is the life! I could have fallen asleep it was so cozy.
Oh no those kids caught up with us!
Tubing was just as fun as I hoped it would be. I really wish there was a place to do it in Nashville!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to do this. It looks so fun/relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...