Monday, May 8, 2017

Hello!

Hello blog friends, if anyone is still out there! The impossible seems to have happened, after 16 years of blogging, I finally lost interest. I feel bad just leaving this space with no final post, and I have some pretty big, incredible news! Travis has been bugging me to write a post about it... so here you go.
We're having a baby!
Insane right? We were told years ago it would probably never happen so we were surprised and thrilled when we found out back in December. I'm 27 weeks now, so we'll have a little person in our house in just a few months. 
If we're social media friends, you saw this image when we announced it. I have a whole stash of cute vintage baby stuff that I am excited to use. Those little mittens!
Even more exciting is we're having a girl! That is what I was really hoping for (I REALLY want her to wear this squirrel dress, one of my favorite finds EVER).
Our friends and family have been really supportive and excited. Crystal came with us to set up our registry. I did not register for this giant unicorn. But I love it.
Also, it is so hard to resist buying cute little clothes! I know it isn't super smart, since you don't know what size they will be what season, but come on! That little vintage romper!
Mildred and Wilma are very excited to be big sisters. They love this new phase where all I want to do is lay on the couch when I'm not working. They are always down for a midafternoon nap followed by a snack.
I'll leave you with this. Here is our little daughter at 16 weeks. It is crazy to think there is a little person inside of me, and even crazier to think she'll be out here walking and talking before we know it. We're excited and nervous for this big change.
If you want to keep up with me, I'm still a big instagram fan. My user name is Raesock, and I'd love to be friends!
It's been real blogger!

16 comments:

  1. we are going to have a huge collection of vintage french childrens cloths. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well fine I'll have to double stalk you on instagram now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so happy for you guys! I miss your posts but have recently signed up to instagram so will follow along there. What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you love instagram! i really do. it is so fun. and thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congrats guys!! Might be such a happy phase of your lives =)))) I would love to read more in your blog but I respect yoir decision and gonna follow you on insta. Yeyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! honestly i didn't really decide to stop posting, I just never feel like doing it! i have 14 posts in "drafts" haha. instagram is just so much easier!

      Delete
  5. So sad you're ending your blog!! :( I loved following your adventures. But major congrats on the little baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and who knows, maybe I"ll be newly inspired to come back!

      Delete
  6. So happy for you and Travis! I have really enjoyed your blog over the years and will miss it (it has always been one of my favorites) but wishing you the best as you start this new chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy news!!! Congrats to you both! How exciting! I've had two friends who previously thought they couldn't have children who are now pregnant. It's the most wonderful news. You both look over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy and excited for you two!! Your little lady is going to be stylin' and I'm glad I can follow some of the cuteness on Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the baby! I have followed your blog for years so I hope you don't mind me following you on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm sorry you won't be doing your blog anymore because I've really enjoyed it but am happy for your great news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations. I hope you change your mind about not blogging anymore. I would love to see the vintage clothes you get for the little one. Good luck in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you and Travis! I've missed your blog! I've watched you guys grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...