Friday, May 25, 2012

Pom Pom Wreath!


Do you remember me saying that I was going to do more crafts this year, and use up my crazy stash of supplies? Yeah, that hasn't really happened, but I did finally finish my pom pom wreath! I bought this yarn in 2008 because I was going to learn to knit and make myself a Gryffindor scarf. Turns out I am terrible at knitting! But I did finally use it up!
It looks so cute above my mantle! There are million pom pom wreath tutorials out there. Just know it is going to take you FOREVER to make enough pom poms. I used almost 8 skeins of yarn.
The little deer was gifted to me by Love of the Hunt. Doesn't she look perfect in there?
Did you notice this guy on my mantle? My best friend gave it to me for my birthday! Her husband made it out of papier mache! I'm totally in love with it.
He is so cute. Marc said he wasn't making anymore because they took him so long. At least I got one!

10 comments:

  1. Kudos on fulfilling your craft pact and finishing the pom pom wreath, it turned out great! Additionally, your living room is killin' me, smalls! How CUTE. I have that deer and the puppy picture to the right, but I REALLY wish I had that day of the dead skeleton. Seriously cool. It's so detailed! I could see how it would take a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've never made a single pom-pom (I know...crazy, right?) but can tell that it took a long time. Everything on your mantle looks so great and that skeleton - yep, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE making pom poms! now i want to make a garland, i just need to thrift some more yarn. i'm to cheap to buy it in the store!

      Delete
  3. Omg, love the wreath and the día de los muertos hombre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a perfect place for the deer to rest! Love it!

    I am FINALLY sending you another box of goodies tomorrow. I swear the box has been sitting on my counter for a month! I just keep finding stuff I want to send you so I have been reluctant to send it..but it needs to go so I can start looking for box #3 :)

    Happy Anniversary also! So happy you have such a great man in your life. Makes me hopeful!

    Also..wanted to tell you but I went to the Goodwill Outlet/bins today for the first time and it was an experience. I had to leave after 45 minutes because it was too intense for me...but I know I will be better prepared to do as the locals do and STAY THERE ALL DAY! next time I go. Scored some vintage Fisher Price toys and lots of children's books so it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so excited! i was worried some punk middle school kid stole it off my porch (we life right by a middle school, haha)

      oh the outlet. it really took me a while to get used to it. and yes, you have to stay all day if you want to find the best stuff. they just keep bringing those bins out!

      Delete
  5. I love the pompom wreath, now I want to make one. The skeleton is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so easy! just a straw wreath and yarn! i would suggest the plastic pom pom makers, they are so much easier than making your own out of cardboard!

      Delete
  6. that paper mache skeleton is amazeballs! so is your wreath! gryffindor colors worked out nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...