Sunday, July 22, 2012

A really cool estate


I went to a really great estate sale on music row here in Nashville yesterday. I had a feeling it would be cool when I walked up! Look at that ivy! 
The bottom floor of the house was filled with the owner's lifelong collection of autographs. He had signatures from Anne Frank's dad, to Abigail Breslin, to Queen Elizabeth to Lon Chaney. It was so fun looking at them all! Apparently the first one they sold was a Tolkien autograph! 
I really love M*A*S*H and kind of wish I could have dropped $400 bucks for this.
Buddy Holly and the Crickets!
Look at this awesome kitchen! I wonder if I can get a contractor to put in a counter like that.
The upstairs wasn't as neatly arranged as the downstairs. There were piles to dig through, which is my favorite part. This was a suitcase full of vintage scarves. 
Look at this cool wall! The old prints were attached the wall. It looked awesome.
The best part was this room full of books that had shelves full of vintage photo albums full of photos. I had to go to work so I didn't get to look for very long, but I came home with four albums. Mostly full of cat pictures. Haha. I wish I could have gone back and looked another day. 
I had about five minutes to go through the basement. I bet there were some cool treasures down there.
Like this awesome painting. Haha.
I didn't bring home a lot from this sale (I'll show you tomorrow if I get a chance to take pictures) but I really loved going through everything! 

20 comments:

  1. Looks like there was a ton of stuff there!!

    I'd be real happy going through the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Frank's dad?!?!? what a weird autograph. I hope it was hanging right by Abigail Breslin...like maybe they were hanging out together....i like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! How much was Lon Chaney's autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks amazing! We were too busy with stupid head grown-up stuff to go but I was dying to. I want that crazy boy scout! AND to see those photo albums, you! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man that boy scout! i was trying to think of a good reason to buy him.

      Delete
  5. DUDE! By far my favorite sale you've been too. I need that Lon Chaney autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like an amazing sale, I'm super jealous. Can't wait to see what you brought back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to make the time to check out these estate sales! Looks like there were some cool pieces there. I love the retro kitchen :)

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need too! we seem to have above average sales in this area! or maybe you should avoid it so your house doesn't get as full as mine. haha.

      Delete
  8. How did you convince yourself to leave that amazing painting behind??? It boggles the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wouldn't have fit in my car. or my house. believe me, i tried to think of a way!

      Delete
  9. Great pictures! Did you see the string art on the front of the bar in the basement? Crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't even notice that! amazing! i really wish i would have been able to spend more time there!

      Delete
  10. I kind of wish i'd gotten that painting in the basement with the shirtless man. So great. See the cedar chest in the basement photo? You can see my manila envelope with Kenny's drawings from my blog post today sticking out of the upper right-hand corner! Haha! I love when you take pictures of sales I've been to because they always turn out so high-quality! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo i can't wait to see! i wish someone had been with me at the sale! i wanted to nerd out about how awesome everything was!

      Delete
  11. I should come to your house so we can go estate sale hunting and you should come here so we could go thrifting.

    Well..if we lived close to one another that is :)

    I love your estate pics

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got an autograph for a gift for someone. Tolkien went to the guy behind us for $750. (!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...