Saturday, July 28, 2012

Collection 15: Kistchy Jesus!


Oh man, it has been 3 months since my last collection post! And you KNOW I'm not out of collections. This is one I have been wanting to share for a while, but it has been really hard to photograph. It lives in a little cramped"hall" in our 1939 cottage house. Here is how it looks if you are in the dining room. You can see a little bit of my vintage dog photo collection on the left, too.
This little hallway is kind of a hub. It has doorways into the dining room, bathroom, craft room, linen closet, guest room, and living room. We wanted to fill those little spaces with a collection and our love of kistchy Jesus stuff fit the bill perfectly. One of my favorites is that paint by number on the left. He was a flea market find. Really, most of these were.
I bought a little Jesus light switch cover on Etsy to complete the look.
These are two of my other favorites. The bottom thing is chalk.
Here is the view into the living room, it really is more of a small useless room than a hall. And you can't have a kistch Jesus collection without at least one Jesus on a log. Do you see it? And do you see the pair of Santas in the dining room? I really need to put all my new Christmas stuff in the basement!
The other wall is so hard to photograph! Even when the day is bright! The main light source comes from the bathroom, so sorry for the yellow pictures! But I'll include one of my kitty. You can almost see my new poodle toilet paper cover behind him! Haha.
I love tiny shelves, because I LOVE tiny knick knacks. The Jesus with the red in the second cubby up from the bottom left was actually left in a closet in this house when we bought it. He is flat and weird and cute. You can also see a few unicorns living in this area. The gold metal thing on the wall is the old thermostat! We weren't able to use it, because we put in central heat and air but our contractor let us keep the old once since it is so cute!
And that completes the 360 view. There aren't tons of places left for this collection to expand, and I'm actually thinking of redoing this hall and selling all our Jesus kitsch. I'm kind of into filling the hallway with vintage souvenir plates. We'll see. I hope you liked seeing this collection! And my little cluttered house.
Does anyone know that the lamp hanging up there is called? I want to find out more info on it. It doesn't match my house at all and I should sell it and get something more our style, but you know me. It belonged to the woman who owned our house since the 1950's and I feel bad getting rid of it. Crazy!

sharing at Her Library Adventure this week

24 comments:

  1. I love your collection! It's cracked me up because I too have a Jesus filled hallway! Mine is mostly crucifixes, and I believe my hallway is even tinier! I totally understand how difficult it can be to photograph such a small space. I'll make sure to post some pictures of it some day! Always love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! i would love to see pictures! i don't have any crucifixes in my collection, we decided to do only happy alive jesus. haha.

      Delete
  2. Your Jesus collection is so cool! there's a bar in Belfast that is just like your hall, totally covered in religious stuff, with a red velvet ceiling. Your house looks like a total treasure trove!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo i should cover the ceiling in that hall with red velvet!

      Delete
  3. My mind just exploded from all the awesome. You have such a range of collections. I hope to see your house one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome to come by! if i ever make a useable guest room, you can even stay here!

      Delete
  4. wow! I love love love your house! so many great things EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Rae...your collections and house are just so cute! I love the Jesus hall (I collect his mother and sometimes a bit of baby Jesus myself). I have to say though, in the photo with the Santas, I am absolutely in love with that Boston Terrier picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. travis found that boston terrier at the outlet! i couldn't believe it!

      Delete
  6. I love that hall so much that I don't even have words. You have some really wonderful pieces out there too. Your lamp looks like a hanging parlor lamp. They were big in Victorian times as gas fixtures but were made later as electric versions to match that look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I need to go back over your blog and check out your other collections! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- you have some mighty interesting stuff!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rae,
    I love how your collections really show up on the gray walls and how the white doors and woodwork really makes everything just POP! Because of course, who doesn't love a bunch of creepy Jesus and Mary stuff!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! my good friend dana used to live with us and she was a paint wizard! she picked most of the colors in the house!

      Delete
  10. Wow, there is so much to look at and admire. I love the contrast between gray walls and white trim against your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  11. seriously awesome. Also, tiny knick knacks make my day. I have been looking for a typesetter's drawer at the flea market I go to out here, but they are all huge. My friend has one that is the perfect size for all of her tiny things and I need to corral my tiny things. I can't wait to find one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. travis found me a little type setters drawer pretty recently, i just haven't hung it yet!

      Delete
  12. I have a thrift store Jesus collection too! Mine is not as big as yours! Mine started with this painting of Jesus in a living room complete with wall-to-wall carpeting with a sectional couch! Ahh Recovering Catholic Humor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great. I can totally use your help with gallery wall design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love it!! If you didnt want it anymore, I'd love to give them a home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...