Monday, November 4, 2013

Our Halloween!

I know it's a few days late, but I still had to post our photos from Halloween! We spent the afternoon at my best friend Crystal's house, getting caught up on American Horror Story: Coven and getting our costumes ready. I have been planning Travis' costume since the summer, and I am SO happy with how it came out! OMG. Here are my two best buds getting ready in the same mirror.
Ahhh! I'm still obsessed with Star Trek. I started watching the original series last week (I started with Next Generation) and I LOVE IT so much! So I was thrilled when Travis let me cut his hair and cover his eyebrows. My perfect dream date!
After stopping by Kroger for bottled water and cash, we met up with some friends at Barista Parlor.

I was just going to be Carol Marcus, but my costume felt so boring I decided to be an anonymous vulcan. My ears were more gremlin than vulcan, but it was still fun!
Crystal's husband Marc made her that Sailor Scout costume! It was so cute! And he was Jack Sparrow! He and Travis had a contest to see whose costume got the most shout outs. Spock won!
Here is the group! We got our waitress to take a picture after we had dinner. I'm really hoping some of you will be able to tell what Brett was dressed as...
I mean....
We stopped by the grand opening of Nashville's new oddities shop, Hail! I LOVED IT! Yes, I am vegan, but I still love weird antique/vintage taxidermy. This fox, tagged as "Silly Looking Fox" came home with us and will have place of honor in our house.
We ended the night dancing for a few hours at the 5 Spot. I don't have any photos, but the poster should give you an idea of how great it was! While the crazy wind blew outside we danced like crazy to plenty of Motown and a few modern songs, with monster mash thrown in for good measure!
When we got back to Crystal's house around 1 am we made sure to get a few full body shots to document our costumes! Next year we'll try to get ready before the sun goes down so we can get some good natural light pics! As you can see, Marc's costume didn't make it all the way home.
Mr. Spock. I made his costume by sewing some silver ribbon on a sweater from Old Navy. Our insignia are made from glittered scrapbook paper.
And here is one of me. I couldn't believe I found a dress that matched this sweater exactly! As you can see, my perfectly straight vulcan hair didn't make it through the rain and wind and dancing. Oh well. I hope you had as much fun as I did on Halloween! I'm already looking forward to next year!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great Halloween and I love the costumes! We thought about going to 5 Spot but the weather was just so funky that night so we went out closer to home. Our friend Emily was at the Hail grand opening party though and said it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys looked great! Out till 1 am... such party animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all look so great! Is your friend supposed to be Jimmy Stewart from Rear Window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is! i thought it was such a good idea for a costume!

      Delete
  4. Nuts!!! I tried commenting from my phone but it obviously, didn't work. I totally knew he was Jimmy from Rear Window (I love that movie). What a great costume from him and EVERYONE!!! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your costumes are great. i coiuld never get my husband to dress up but ive been thinking of trying to get him to go as kirk next year as it be a simple costume

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the costumes! So happy I've now seen two Sailor Senshi costumes as well with this Sailor Pluto costume. I love me some Sailor Moon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...