Monday, October 3, 2011

Collection 3: Kitsch Snow Globes



 
This is a pretty new collection, that I started kind of by accident.
I got this globe on our anniversary road trip last year. (looking back at those entries makes me want to go on a trip so bad!) i loved how it looked like something vintage and kitsch and weird. then one day at a local thrift i found a box full of globes, including these:
who knows how old they are. but for me that isn't the point. i just like them. i like the rainbow ones. i wish i had grabbed a few more from the box. i broke a cute one from buffalo new york. now i keep my eyes peeled for them at estate sales and thrift stores. especially ones for places i have been. i keep them on the bookshelf in my room.

3 comments:

  1. Cute collection, I like the Floida ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have a vintage snow globe collection too! We had some pretty amazing ones. We still have a great Florida one in the belly of a plastic alligator. Maybe we should have kept those....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! When I was little, I decided that I wanted to start collecting those little license plate keychains with my name on them from each state. You know the ones I'm talking about? Anyway, I got about five of them and gave up! Ha! But snow globes would be so fun to collect to show your travels.

    PS: New to your blog and I love it! I'm a follower now - keep up the good work! :)

    Carrie Rosalind
    Rosalind Revival

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...