Friday, March 16, 2012

Collection 11: Brooches






I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I love it, and buy it, but I'm not good at actually wearing it for some reason. But brooches, those I can handle. Here is my collection: 
Some vintage. Some handmade by friends, some Harry Potter. The white flowers at the top are from some amazing sweater clips I got at an estate sale last summer. I have been on the lookout since but haven't spotted a single other pair!
The wooden animals are probably my favorite. I still can't believe a guy at an estate sale let me have them for 50 cents each!
Tiny unicorn pin I got at the flea market for a quarter. I'm in love with enamel flowers of course. Even though I have never seen one at a thrift like so many bloggers claim. And there is my prefect badge that my good friend Dana sent me from Harry Potter world.
The audubon society pin is another flea market find. Teeny tiny squirrel from an antique mall.
The sugar skull is something I bought at hot topic YEARS ago. I can't believe I haven't lost it yet. And my friend Crystal made me the RuPaul one.
She also made me the Pee Wee Herman, and the red one with the lady and dog in it. The cat is from an estate sale and reminds me of our cat scampi. I actually have a pug brooch that I really love and i wonder where it is!
The felt heart was a birthday gift, the whale is from an antique mall. And that dutch hex one is one of my favorites. It is heavy and pulls down on my sweater though. 
And a sweet little I love unicorns one. Because I do. Maybe I'll post my unicorn collection next week.

16 comments:

  1. Your friend crystal's brooches are RAD. Does she sell them anywhere? The unicorn pin is kick ass too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she sells them at a store called Boa in nashville, but not on her etsy. she should! i love them so much. they are made on smashed bottle caps.
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/oliviafrankenstein
      i'm hoping she will make me some more for my birthday. i want richard simmons and michael jackson ones.

      Delete
  2. Oh such eye candy for me! I love brooches! The turquoise enamel flower and the skull are my faves... Now if I could just reach through my monitor and pick them up (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember in weddingplans on livejournal when people would collect brooches to make a bouquet, yours would rock if you ever made one out of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY I love brooches/pins, I wear them all the time in the winter, on my sweaters, coats and cardigans. I've had to stop buying them because I have so many now!

    I see sweater clips pretty regularly, are you looking for any particular type of style? There are enamel flower pins regularly at Chicago thrifts too, I actually passed up a yellow one today at the thrift (so it's not just urban myth!).

    It's awesome that you have stories behind your pieces, it's great that you have some homemade ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love floral sweater clips the best. i never even see them in antique malls here!

      i'm trying to find a cool way to display them because they are taking over my dresser!

      Delete
  5. Naturally I love the rupaul one. I have a few broaches. I bought a really cute one from this girl at Porter flea http://www.etsy.com/shop/thistinylife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw dang! i bought some of her earrings at happy japan for a christmas gift but they were twice as much as on her etsy! daaaangit. i love her stuff so much! i was out of money by the time i got to her booth or I would have bought something from her too.

      Delete
  6. Oh how I love a good brooch! I really like the deer one, anything birdy of course, & the enamel flowers which I never see in thrift shops either. You must wear brooches more often with such a fab collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your brooch collection! I have a bunch and don't wear them nearly enough. For some reason I find it hard to integrate them into outfits. I recently got little converters you can slide onto the pin to wear on a necklace so I think I'll be using them more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds really cool! i'm pretty good about wearing them. i wear a cardigan almost every day so i just pin them on.

      Delete
  8. I love all the enamel floral ones!

    Catherine, XO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool! I have that yellow and orange enamel flower one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the horse and the yellow flower caught my eye immediately! such a good collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I love these!! Thank you so much for sharing. The RuPaul and Peewee ones are my fav!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...