Monday, April 9, 2012

It got better...

My day started off kind of terrible. I jolted awake at 4:30 this morning and freaked out thinking I was late for work. I rushed to get dressed and out the door in less than 10 minutes and as I was clocking in at 5AM...I realized I wasn't supposed to be there until 6. I'm really not sure what happened. But it just started my day off on the wrong foot. Later when I sitting in the breakroom, a friend read my horoscope to me out of the newspaper, and it said something about a mistake leading to something magical happening. We laughed and I said me being early would lead to something magical that afternoon. It kind of came true (as they always do, since they are so vague. haha.)


Travis had been home most of the day, and had mowed the backyard with his new mower. I asked him to set up his camping hammock for me, and I went outside to enjoy the perfect weather.
I brought a little friend of course. I was mean and made Priscilla stay inside. She is just too busy for relaxing in the hammock.
My view. I don't want to front and pretend I live in a quiet forest wonderland. We live right on a 4 lane road, so I could hear the traffic going by, and someone mowing, and dogs barking. But it was still really nice. I finished a book that I have been reading for what seems like forever.
I ate some of these little caramel flavored gingerbread cookies that Travis got me from a Russian and Eastern European grocery store he just found. Phyllis wanted a bite as you can see. He also brought me some strawberry syrup and sprite so I could make too sweet drinks. 
I think Phyllis liked it.  She never really relaxed, there were too many sounds to hear and smells to sniff.  They don't ever really get to hang out outside. I'm too paranoid about something happening.
I love this hammock. It is so cozy! It folds up really tiny so you can take it on a hike.I don't really want to hike though. I'll just stick to the back yard. 
I got this great package on my doorstep today too! Tiffy's mom sent me a message asking if I would like this beautiful fabric that belonged to her mother. Of course I was interested, but I couldn't believe how amazing it was when I opened the package! I LOVE it all! Look at all these gorgeous patterns!
That turquoise and red is so perfect for me of course, and those roses!
This day of the week fabric is so fantastic. I need to find the perfect project to use it on!
I love these circles. The color combo is really great.
This floral is my favorite! I wish there was enough for a dress! Or curtains! But I actually already have a plan for it, and hopefully I'll do it tomorrow! It is really just perfect! 

She sent me these bowling patches too! I think I'm going to sew the space themed one on my bowling bag! I finally thrifted a ball last week too! Looks like I need to hit the lanes! This was such a thoughtful gift. Bloggers really are some of the nicest people in the world. I am constantly blown away by the kindness of some of the people I have met through blogging. (And now that I say that, I'm sure someone will send me a mean message or something, hah!)
When I came back inside Travis had gone and got me some cadbury mini eggs, and picked up a pizza. Now we're hanging out on the couch with the pugs watching tv. So the day turned out pretty great after all!

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely use of a beautiful day. Cadbury mini eggs are the perfect food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are almost too perfect! I could eat a whole bag in one sitting! It is a good thing they only make them for a few months a year!

      Delete
  2. That fabric is gorgeous... and I gotta say, Travis is so sweet. You are one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW!!!! that picture of you two is the hammock just melted my heart! too precious.
    I got a giant box of stuff from a reader a few weeks ago. all pure magic of course. sometimes, i think my readers know me better than my irl friends. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your day turned out very magical! Looky all that awaited you for when you got home!
    And so nice of Tiffys mom to send that fabric to you.
    Tiffy is my BFF.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she sent me the CUTEST picture of Tiffy posing with the fabric! I think Tiffy's was the first pug blog I found. She is so sweet!

      Delete
  5. just perfic. this year has been the best weather ever. i think the winter was nicer than most falls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric is out of control. Do you sew or are you a gun glue queen like me? I think the days of the week one is the best, but they're all gorgeous and screaming out to become lined kitchen curtains (to protect their V-I-B-R-A-N-T coloring and cheer one's spirits while preparing breakfast). I now also want to set up a hammock. Last year was mosquito CITY in our backyard and it was just impossible to walk outside without dousing one's self in DDT grade repellant (I was malaria free, but am now probably radioactive), but maybe this year will be better! Also, I love Phyllis's sweet little face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i kind of sew. i have a machine, and i can make simple stuff like curtains and pillows. those day of the week would be so good in the kitchen! my kitchen doesn't have outside windows. i have been wanting to make cafe curtains for the dining room...
      ugggh last there was a bucket of standing water in our backyard that i didn't see someone, and i couldn't figure out where the stupid mosquitos were coming from! i'm hoping to avoid it this year.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad your day just kept getting better and better. I would love to lounge in your hammock but I am a little too high energy so I guess me and Priscilla would have to chill inside. Have fun with the fabric. I can't wait to see what you make!

    Tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoe is like Phyllis ... loves to lay in the hammock but the others are more like Priscilla!

    Can't wait to see what you do with the beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed about you making Priscilla stay inside. :) Sometimes I hide from my kids outside because they can't hush so I understand not bringing her out. That day of the week fabric is fricking amazing. Such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...