Saturday, August 25, 2012

Second Round

The estate sale I posted about early in the week went for a second weekend. They added things they had found in storage and in the attic. I think it was better than the first week! Eartha Kitsch was there first thing in the morning along with me. I love going to sales with her. We like the same things and can point things out that the other would like! She got some GOOD stuff, including a REALLY great vintage table cloth and a beautiful light fixture! Here is what I ended up with: 
Kitty cat string holder! I was really thrilled to find this! I love old sting holders and this might be the cutest ones I've ever seen!
A little burglar alarm, a metal film canister, and a cute ornament hanger box.
Here is the back of the burglar alarm! Hahah, it is a little popper that you connect to your door knob and it will pop when someone tries to get in. Very effective! Haha.
Look at these two boxes of ornaments! They were down in a box on the porch! She gave me both boxes for two dollars! You know I was thrilled! What a crazy deal! Another guy found a color wheel (you know, the kind for an aluminum tree) IN THE BOX! I was so jealous!
A beautiful old photo! And a cute toy guitar. This is going is going into my wild west guest room that I keep saying I'm going to set up. Haha! Someday.
Look at this cool light! I'm hoping we can rewire it and replace the less than beautiful light in our bathroom. If not, I'm just out three bucks.
How gorgeous are these hand towels?
I like this one too, even though it is pretty confusing. What is going on?
I couldn't resist this frisbee! Excuse me, filmsbee. So lame!
I also got both of these planters for a dollar. The broken pieces were really easy to reattach. I like the horse a lot! I've seen tons of deer in that style, but never a horse before.
And last but not least, look at these glasses! It is hard to tell in these pictures, but they are pretty big, which I love because lots of my vintage glasses are small. I'm totally in love with these!
I turned up the contrast so you could see the pattern.
What a good sale!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! You did so good...I really love the kitten string holder. I don't ever really see those around, not even in antique malls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i feel like i've only seen a few. and this kitty is the cutest!

      Delete
  2. Ok. Still super jealous. I need to go to these things with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitty string dispenser creeps me out.... big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The kitty is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it looks like a good sale. Love the string holder! Awesome buy on those vintage ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those towels are gorgeous. They'd make cute pillows...I mean they'd be terry cloth pillows but that's ok. Btw- I need to start hitting up sales with you and eartha'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is actually a great idea! they aren't terry towels, more like hand towels and are cotton i think.

      Delete
  7. Of course, I love that vintage photo! Very neat.

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally in love with those glasses and floral hand towels. *swoon* The kitty string holder is super precious, too. You are the estate sale queen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made out like a bandit! Love the handtinted photo best of all, I think, but everything's fabulous. Isn't it funny how drastically prices are slashed on collectibles that are slightly chipped/easily repaired? Super glue is our friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i guess some "collectors" only want perfect pieces but i could care less! i just want to be surrounded by cute things! haha

      Delete
  10. Oh, eep! The little toy guitar is too much!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am more than a little jealous of your amazing kitten string holder and the picture is beyond awesome, but *everything* is so fabulous! What a great sale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's even more exciting seeing it all again! I love doing the estate sales with ya! :) After you left, I found another box of Shiney Brites in the original box and just remembered upon reading this, that I left them laying on a table! :( Pfft!! What did Travis say about your fabulous window boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man! i can't believe you left them! dang. he didn't really say anything about them, just helped me move them inside so a friend could ride in my back seat. they are in our laundry room for now. after i left i keep feeling like there were spiders under all my clothes, and i'm convinced a few probably crawled out of those window boxes! haha!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...