Sunday, September 16, 2012

The rest of my finds!

After we bought our new record player I really wanted to find some kind of furniture to hold our records. We had been keeping some in a cardboard apple box, and some in the drawers of our tv unit, not the best. When I headed out to go to these estate sales I decided that after I went to them, I would go to all the antique malls in town until I found a record cabinet. Lucky me, I found the perfect thing at the first sale I went too! I love this little record stand! And it had two Patsy Cline records in it already! Talk about meant to be.
It looks really good in our living room! I also got the rug you can hardly see at the same sale. It is teal and green shag. I had been looking for something for in this room, and for five bucks this will work great until I can find the perfect thing!
I pulled out some more records after I took these pictures and now I'm out of room!
I can't resist a hand knit watermelon. Ever.
I also can't resist these kinds of hangers!
Or vintage kid clothes when they are super cheap. These little overalls were all a dollar each.
See? I either need to have a kid or open a kid's shop. I can't decide which I like best, the little sailor shirt, the little checked shirt, or the puppy pattern shirt.
And the cutest little jacket with appliqué lion. Adorable.
I couldn't resist a bag of teeny tiny Star Wars characters. They are TINY!
These are my favorites in the back. C3PO on the throne, Chewy with a broken C3PO and a stylish Lando. There aren't any ewoks though. Bummer! The sale I got these at had SO MANY Star Wars toys, all at pretty high prices. It was cool to see them all though!

Scampi couldn't resist getting all up in my business.

17 comments:

  1. The record stand is awesome and what a bonus to include Patsy Cline record!!! Please tell me what you will use the knitted watermelon for....my imagination is going into overdrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, nothing too exciting. they are just hot pads to put hot pots on!

      Delete
  2. The vintage hangers and kids clothes--so lucky! Really really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the record stand, all ours just live in banana boxes at the moment--jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kitchen is done in watermelon ... I have some of those watermelon hotpads! :)

    I always think of you when I see stuff like this at yard sales or at Goodwill <3

    It's sad to think that most people think it's "junk" and just throw it out!

    Pug Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have loved the watermelon ones since Martha did a feature on them in one of her magazines. I need to hang mine up on a wall or something! They are so cute.

      Delete
  5. Your livingroom looks so cozy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The record stand is great and looks like it fits so well into your cute living room. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you! it matches one of the colors on the wall paper one two of the walls.

      Delete
  8. Man! That record table is perfect! And two Patsy records already in it, to boot. The little tail peeking out of the pocket of the dog overalls is actually killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am DYING over that record cabinet! WHAT A BEAUTY! so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that record cabinet is AMAZING! what a beauty! so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rad finds this post. Obviously the star wars figures are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...