Friday, November 9, 2012

What I found!

Check out this haul from the estate sale I posted about yesterday! It might be my favorite of the year. There was so much good stuff that was right up my alley! I think the person who owned the house must have been a dealer because there were antique booth type tags on a lot of this stuff. Look at this fun pile! I hardly know where to start!
Photobucket
I found a poodle ashtray! And this precious dachshund serving piece.
Photobucket
And two chalk ware dogs! The little bull dog is so sweet, and I really love the dachshund book ends. I passed him up on the first day and regretted it. Thankfully he was waiting for me on the third day!
Photobucket
A little made in Japan skunk, a humpty, a weird/cute vintage clown plate, and some groovy tacks!
Photobucket
Here are the dream pets I chose! It was SO HARD to pick! I'm pretty happy with this crew.
Photobucket
Look at the pretty lady octopus! So gorgeous. I really love her. Turns out a reader went to the same sale and bought more of the dream pets! But they got them on discount day! You lucky duck!
Photobucket
This is silly and missing one of the feet but I like it. Of course.
Photobucket
A little bit of Christmas! I didn't see this deer the first day, and I collect them! I'm glad she was still there, tucked in a bag of cute ornaments. 
Photobucket
This spun head angel was a sweet surprise when I got home and opened the bag.
Photobucket
I ended up buying four games at the sale! I'll show you the other three in a day or two, but I was excited to to pick this game up! I've never played before but the box is cute! And inside...
Photobucket
How cute are those pieces?
Photobucket
I found this fun Captain Kangaroo record, and this Rocky Horror 15th Anniversary box set!
Photobucket
Even thought it was tapes, I still couldn't resist. The middle tape is the songs in a bunch of different languages! It came with a cool book too. The first day of the sale I found an audience participation record, but put it back. I'm regretting that now!
Photobucket
This vintage ghost blow mold is missing his pumpkin, for for about 1.50 I can doctor him up. I should have taken the picture after I scrubbed the crud off. I got some cute trick or treat bags too.
Photobucket
At the second sale I came across a box full of pictures. The were selling them four for a buck so I picked out a bunch, of course. I got the cute old photo album there too. 
Photobucket
I was super stoked to find these two! A black bear peeking in a tourists car, and a roadside chief! Jacob did a great post about these chiefs you can check out here
Photobucket
I couldn't resist this sweet couple on the top of the waterfall.
Photobucket
This is Edna Belou and a poodle in 1922. I wonder where they were. What a cute little boat.
Photobucket
And last but not least I had to get this picture of these two men goofing off in front of a store. I love old pictures of people being silly. The subjects usually seem to serious! Lisa picked up a copy of the same photo! And some great war time photos. What a small world!
Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. You find the best old photo's, I hardly ever run across them here. I'm pretty envious, sounds like it was a great sale. We don't have any good sales here this weekend so I am not a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i usually only find them at the flea market, so i was happy to find them at estates sales two weeks in a row!

      Delete
  2. I see a cute little knee hugger peeking through, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm a total sucker for a knee hugger! i can't pass them up!

      Delete
  3. Oh man. Wow. That is a whole lot of awesome. I might have to raid your house for the all the vintage finds while you are sleeping. I love, love, love the vintage photos. And that octopus is the cutest! Octopi are my favorite!

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, looks like i need to put in a security systemmm.haha!

      Delete
  4. Great haul! My favorite are those unopened sugar bells! So great for making christmas corsages and package ties!
    Oh...Noel likes the wienee bookends!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i am going to try and make my yearly ornament exchange ornaments from vintage stuff i've been saving all year. we'll see if i'm actually able to part with anything.

      Delete
  5. Good finds! Love hitting a sale where you come home with gobs of stuff. Love Mr. Humpty Dumpty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bunch of fabulous finds! Those bookends are just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! Neat to see the Dream Pets as my daughter has a collection of the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the new ones are so cute! i can't believe i missed them when they were out at every cracker barrel for a while.

      Delete
  8. I'm old, so I had that game Go to the Head of the Class! Loved it. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw your photos! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a haul! I've been avoiding sales until after the move, your pictures make it that much harder to do so. Is that a Dream Pets T-Rex I spy? How awesomely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super-fun to see what you actually ended up with...love the Dream Pets and I'm glad you picked up those trick-or-treat bags...I was tempted by those! Love the doggie bookends, too...it really was a good sale!
    Lauren T/www.apronstringsvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this post made me feel so christmassy--I love the octopus too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy seeing your finds, I particularly like the old photos and the Dream Pets. I'm still haunted by an estate sale that I went to 3 years ago that had four shelves FULL of dream pets. Somehow I only managed to buy a few at the time but now wish I'd bought more!

    The Rocky Horror tapes are rad, I went to a participatory screening of it this Halloween. So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! i'm still a litle made i didn't just take the plunge and buy the whole box full.

      Delete
  13. Wow! I need to look into those dream pets. I've never seen them before,and I'm pretty sure I need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE them. there are hundreds of different ones, especially once you get into the knock offs (i'll take anything, i just think they are cute!)

      Delete
  14. Great! Finds! As! Usual! Ah ha haha, look at those 1940's goofsters in the last picture. I love it! Isn't it funny how even "funny poses" can be dated from that era? No one would put their finger in the middle of their head and do a weird crouch like that past 1950. And I LOVE Edna Belou! Doesn't she look just like Zelda Fitz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg.
    That plate. It's absolutely fabulous. I want it!

    The waterfall pics are great - love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love EVERYTHING you found. The animated expressions on the knick knacks and the kitschy mod art are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a ceramic version of the ghost mold! He holds the lightbulb! I'm excited to see someone else having this in their collection! And I'm super jealous of your Rocky Horror finds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cool stuff magnet! That's what you are, girl! Wow. I can never get over the treasures that you find.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly awesome find....I live for this sort of thing....

    And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...