Monday, July 8, 2013

June Flea Finds!

Here is the little pile of goodies I picked up at the June flea here in Nashville.
Is that it? Ha, I was sure I had to be missing something when I got my stuff together to take a phone. The bunny isn't from the flea, Travis brought it home to me recently from goodwill. Isn't she sweet?
Another sweet vintage barrette for my little bitty collection! When I asked the vendor about it she was going on about how she wondered if it was early plastic or bakelite (no way) and I was worried she was going to tell me it was 25 bucks or something. But when she finally said a dollar I was happy to pay that! It is so sweet.
I'd never seen one of these Monkees books! How cute is that cover? I would love it as a poster! Davy's face! And I love them all wearing one big pendant.
 It's full of cute illustrations. The writing is pretty terrible, but I'm going to try to read it. 
 I picked up a few photos of course. I picked this one up because I loved it with the caption. 
 And I loved this classic goofy pose, too. 
 And how could I hope to resist these well dressed ladies leaning on the Grey Hound bus! 
And last but not least, a cute milk glass mug. I keep saying I won't buy any more, but when it meets my collection criteria and is so dang cute I can't resist!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! As IF it's bakelite! Some of these dealers are really stretching it!
    I love it all, especially the rabbit!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monkeys book looks fantastic'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get enough of those old photos. EEek 25 dollars for a barette is nuts. I love vintage barettes and have bought some on etsy but they are like that one and in no way bakelite

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought when I saw your pictures was, "The Monkees have books?! How have I not known this?" Some of my favorite memories of childhood and summer are of my sisters and I watching reruns of The Monkees and singing along to all their songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Monkees book. Ah Davy Jones, my first crush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...also...who was your favorite monkey? I would peg you for a peter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a lot of dealers label stuff as bakelite but when you ask if they tested it they just stare at you blankly. Seriously dude, we aren't all as stupid as you hope!
    Love the scary/cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...