Sunday, January 6, 2013

Louisville Flea New Years

At the last minute Travis and I found out that we were both off on the first and second! We decided to take a trip to Louisville to visit his brother and his wife. As we pulled into town we saw a billboard for a special new years flea market, so of course we had to check it out! I liked that they had all the antique and vintage stuff in one area, so you didn't have to sift through all the stuff you weren't interested in. Like bamboo and diabetic socks. 
There was tons of cool stuff! And the prices weren't too bad.
 I loved these Elvis with Santa cards!
 I love digging through boxes of stuff like this.
 Look at this great picture! To bad it was part of a whole scrapbook that they wanted too much for.
 Can't resist!
 I saw these outfits from across the room and had to rush over to check them out. How wonderful!
 I really loved this little pitcher! But I don't need one so I resisted.
I'll show you what I ended up with tomorrow! 
 On our way out I had to take a picture of the ferris wheel where we got engaged! Yes, we got engaged at six flags. Haha, it's the thought that counts. Here is a phone picture of that special moment.
 We went to a Vietnamese market next to find some rice crackers for Travis. Look at this cute candy bag! I have been being more adventurous with my eating lately. We were going to get Nigerian for dinner, but the place was closed.
Cute quails.
We went to see This is 40. It was funny and Paul Rudd was super cute as usual, but watching people fight in movies makes me uncomfortable and is not enjoyable. Also, it is hard to have empathy for people who are supposed to be having financial problems but live in a huge amazing house with expensive things and throw big catered parties. So it was disappointing. Did anyone else see it?
I like the idea that the way you spend the 1st sets the tone for the rest of the year. We spent it traveling and visiting some people we love and vintage shopping. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year!

15 comments:

  1. For some reason, i really like that anacin tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really made me long for the summer flea market season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah! So neat! So many neat things! I want that Elvis Christmas card SO. BAD. And I love your sweet engagement picture; C'MON, a Ferris Wheel is one of the coolest places I've heard of someone getting engaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i didn't ask how much they wanted for the elvis cards, i found a post card sized one on ebay for 36 though! ahh!

      Delete
  4. look at all that cool stuff! we like the colord mixers!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. The President of the Everly Brothers fan club must have owned that box of buttons!!

    Love the pitcher and carafe, they're both really different!

    I love places like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you resisted the juice pitcher! And you didn't even mention the PINK mixer next to it! Looks like a great flea.
    I spent my 1st hungover, nursing a sick Little Betty. Hope it's not a bad omen cause my New Year's Eve was amazing! (A New Year's where you get to watch Willie Nelson do the countdown cannot be topped, in my book.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh i know. i'm trying REALLY hard not to get stuff i don't have a use for. I bet I have 6 juice pitchers in my cabinet!

      Delete
  7. i would have went for broke at that flea market! those elvis cards could have been $10 each and i would have bought the stack. reckless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying over the Pyrex :) It's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, on that box of "miscellaneous"!(they always seem to have at least a few dice in em, right?) My grandparents used to make an offer on boxes like that and let us pick through it back home. I remember them buyin out the whole lot of someone's booth for a price and unloading it onto a tarp in the yard for us to sort through. These memories are sweet, I hope flea markets are still around when I have grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how fun! my grandpa used to bring out his change jar and let us have auctions with his old stuff! mostly t shirts. and we LOVED IT! we would get in bidding wars and carry on and be dramatic.

      Delete
  10. Louisville is such a fun place to visit and explore. I can't wait to see what fabulous trinkets you ended up with! We used to go to that Six Flags all the time when visiting family for the summer. Good old Kentucky Kingdom...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok... soooo tell me you bought the Punky Brewster doll for me in the first picture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...